Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 7

I'm not even going to bother mentioning my non-existent word count for today or how I intend to do better tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be crappy--inconvenient meetings all over the place and at all hours, and a letter to finish writing by early AM--so not much hope of getting any words in then either. Hopefully I'll get a little good news--fingers crossed that the mechanic will tell me tomorrow that the "Check Engine" light that came on today is really nothing and I won't have to shell out money I don't have! I hate, yet love my car. There is a part of me that really misses public transportation & the metro. I never missed having a car all those years I was living on the East Coast & Europe. But now that I'm back in LA, I can't imagine life without. Public transportation here SUCKS (to put it lightly)! I WISH the metro was convenient and worthwhile, but it's neither. And ever since they raised the price of a day pass, I find it harder to make the effort to take it if I know that I can get free (or at least somewhat cheap) parking. Before they raised the price of the metro they really should have invested in turnstiles that actually ensure that you've paid. This honor system is crap. I should know, I completely abused it when I was an underpaid intern in Brussels years ago where they had the same system. Make sure everyone else is paying before you expect me to fork over $5 for a day pass.

Okay, I digress. Painters were back again today and the dogs were pissed again. A little hard to get work done when you've got electric sanders outside your window and two dogs barking themselves horse. After three days, you'd think they would be, but their barks are as strong as ever. Thus, I know I need to stay up later tonight than I have been to finish some actual work in peace and quiet, because the daytime is proving less than productive. Sleepy though.

Okay, here's the plan. It's 10 o'clock. I'm going to watch the rerun of General Hospital now (was on the phone this afternoon when it was on), and at 11 turn off the TV and finish the letter I need to get done by morning. At least that will make the morning easier.

My other grand plan: Friday through Sunday I will work on catching up on my word count. I'm kind of missing my story, so do want to get back to it. Fingers crossed.

No comments: