Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 27

It's just been a long day. I've played therapist to a few too many people today. Ended up needing to take an hour drive just to clear my head and get away from everyone. Could have gone longer, but had to come home sometime.

One positive, I think the drive helped me get some clarity on how I need to restart with Chapter 1. I have some new opening lines and I think I like the direction they would take me. I think I've made it all more complicated than it needs to be. I need to go back to the original story I had before I started taking other people's opinions and ideas into consideration. Some suggestions were helpful; but I think the ones that got into the core of the plot and who the characters are got me into trouble.

I'm just emotionally drained. Add to it that I got up earlier that usual to deal with the smog check and car registration, and I'm kind of sort of dead.

So, alas, no words today. So, I have three days to hit 50K. Have a little more than 8,000 to go. I know I can do it, and I will. Just haven't been into it since the write-in.

Not stressing; just trying to let everything go today.

No comments: