Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 14

2,526 words today. Currently at 17,578. 5,760 words behind. Plan is to finally catch up, and maybe, get ahead this weekend.

I like where I am story wise. I like how this is unfolding. There were so many holes before I started--point B between points A & C. Now they're starting to fill in. Scenes, moments, I hadn't planned out, or thought about before I started to write this draft, are popping up, coming alive. And I think I'm getting a better handle on some of the idiosyncrasies of my characters. Things are starting to make more sense. I'm getting out of the way as much as the possible. When I do, it just flows. This is the way it should go.

So, the character whose death sets the next three-fourths of the story in motion has died; and the main character and the 2nd female main character (for lack of a better term) have now met. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be offering many specific details. I need to work this out in my draft for now. I don't really want to discuss the story idea until I know what I have; and I'll know what I have much further down the road.

So, be patient with me. Maybe one day you'll get to read it!

Off to bed. Night.

No comments: