Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 10: 10,000 Words Finally!

Made it to 10,000 words today. Actually, at 11:49PM. Managed 7,268 words today. Definitely feeling encouraged and accomplished. Couldn't have done it without Word Wars. They appeal to my competitive nature. More or less averaged about 700-800 words per 30-minute word war. Will definitely continue with those throughout NaNo. Will try and make them a daily ritual.

Tomorrow should be good. Going to a write-out at 10AM. So, hopefully, can come out of that with a couple thousand. Would be thrilled if I can hit 15K by the end of tomorrow. Then I'd only be down 3,337. A much more manageable deficit to overcome.

Am finally at the most pivotal scene. This scene sets everything else in motion. Have already had my story take a few unexpected twists and turns. I think I already mentioned the previously unplanned lunch date my main character had. Well, another key character made an appearance at the lunch uninvited by both me and the main character. But, I think it definitely adds to the story and provides me with firmer ground to stand on as the rest of the story unfolds. I think these are examples of letting the characters tell the story while the writer just comes along for the ride. It feels really good, because as much as I've thought about this story, and supposedly planned it out in my head, it's nice to know that there are still surprises in-store for me and my characters.

Also, I think I've discovered my go-to music for this round of NaNo. Sigur Ros and Peter Gabriel's Passion soundtrack are really working for me.

Okay, nothing else to report. It's past midnight. I think I'll watch a little TV before going to bed. Need to unwind and do something mindless for awhile.

No comments: