Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 13

2,513 words today. Passed 15K finally. Excellent. Pat self on the back!

Have come to the conclusion that I am only productive when I'm not writing at home.

Story is progressing quite well. Scenes are coming to me that I hadn't planned for. They totally help fill in the story/holes and are definitely rounding out the story which is nice. I really think I will have some good "first draft" stuff out of NaNo. The reality though is that there is no way I will be close to finished at 50,000. At the very least I'm looking at 100K. Goal is still to have a completed first draft by December 31. Then the next goal is to take that draft and start reworking it. Am definitely taking a writing class again in January where I should be able to workshop this draft. Thus, the importance of getting the first draft done by the end of the year.

Ok, off to bed.

No comments: