Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One Day to Go!

Well, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) starts in approximately 10 1/2 hours. This will be my third year, and hopefully another successful year. I've managed to reach the 50,000 word goal the last two years, and plan to do the same this year. I'm too competitive not to!

Have spent the last hour trying to work on some notes, flesh out some ideas, answer some questions. I do have a story in mind. It's one I've been playing with for months now, but haven't really managed to get any of it down on paper. So, am starting at page one and seeing where I end up.

On the plus side, I have the general framework, the main characters, and basic sequence of events. On the down side, my characters could still use some personality, and I still have a lot of questions as to why they have allowed themselves to get into certain situations. I just keep asking the question "Why?" and just end up with more questions "Why?" But, I'm not going to stress. I'm just going to let it play itself out.

Day 1 (tomorrow) should be ok. I have a good idea of what I need to accomplish with Chapter 1 and where I need it to lead. The plan is to get an early start. I'm going to try and write in the mornings this time around. I don't think I can sustain the 11pm-3am writing sessions that I've been prone to in the past. So, I'm hoping to become a morning person. Yeah, I'm just as curious to see how well that one is going to go over!

So, fingers crossed that I will come out of the next 30-days with 50,000, somewhat-usable, words!

Oh, other goals for this month: to blog my daily progress (yeah, I'm also curious to see how well that one goes!) and to cut back on the time I waste visiting various non-writing, non-productive internet sites/forums (okay, so that one is SOOO not going to happen!).

No comments: