Monday, October 29, 2007

Obsessed...

Just discovered the song "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" on Snow Patrol's Eyes Open album. (Kind of amusing since I've had the album for almost a year.*) Was looking for some solo stuff by Lisa Hannigan who used to sing with Damien Rice and found a video on YouTube of her singing Martha Wainwright's part of this song on Snow Patrol's recent tour. And now I am obsessed. Love this song. I will concede it has one flaw. The ending feels abrupt. I see the beauty of such a compact song, but I'd love to hear it with a bridge and another run of the chorus before trailing off. Maybe I just really want it to keep going.

*I blame this on iTunes, and album downloads in general. I download a bunch of songs or albums at the same time and then a song or an album gets lost in the shuffle and just becomes background/white noise when I listen to it the first time along with all the others. Luckily, I have moments like this where all of a sudden I'll stumble, wander back to a song that's been hiding there all along.

No comments: